- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan. In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and corn syrup. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into bars.
- For the Frosting: Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler and melt. Mix well. Spread on baked and cooled cookie bars. Refrigerate until frosting hardens.