- 1 large bulb fennel (about 1 pound), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound tiny fresh green beans, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute, then shocked in a cold-water bath
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the fennel and onions in a roasting pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Roast until soft and lightly browned, about 1 hour, tossing once or twice. Let cool.
- Combine the fennel mixture with the beans and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature.