- 2 cups cooked risotto, cooled completely
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves, plus sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely diced mozzarella
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Smoked Tomato Cream Sauce 
Combine risotto, shrimp, prosciutto, sage and mozzarella in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into 8 round cakes, no thicker than 3/4 inch.
Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 shallow bowls. Season flour and breadcrumbs with 1/4 teaspoon each, of salt, pepper, and Essence. Dredge each cake in flour, dip in egg wash, and then dredge in bread crumbs, patting to make the crumbs adhere. Shake off any excess. Chill cakes for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add half of the cakes and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and cakes. To serve, spoon Smoked Tomato Cream Sauce in the center of each plate and top with 2 risotto cakes. Garnish with fresh sage sprigs and serve immediately.