- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Finely grated Parmesan, for dusting
- Emeil's Original Essence, for dusting
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or in a large, heavy pot to 360 degrees F. (If using a large, heavy pot, only fill oil halfway up the sides of the pot).
- Carefully add potatoes to hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil with a spider strainer or slotted spoon, and drain on plates lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Essence. Serve with pork barbecue sandwiches.