- 1/2 pound chorizo, outer casings removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns, or 4 (6-inch) lengths French bread, split in half crosswise
- 1 cup coarsely grated pepper jack cheese, optional
- Green Chile Mayonnaise 
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped (sausage should appear crumbly.) Transfer to a large bowl and add the ground pork, garlic, Worcestershire, Essence, salt and cayenne and mix gently but thoroughly, being careful not to overwork the mixture. Form the mixture into 4 (1-inch) thick patties, about 8 ounces each, and place on the grill. Cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, toast the buns and sprinkle the cheese over the tops of the burgers, if desired, and cook until melted.
- Transfer the burgers to the bottom of the buns and place on plates. Generously top each burger with 2 tablespoons of the Green Chile Mayonnaise and place the tops of the buns over the sauce. Serve immediately.