- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 head garlic, with the top 1/4 removed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 4 avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 18 corn tortillas
- Corn and Goat Cheese Queso 
- Preheat the fryer. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the pork and season with salt and pepper. Sear the pork until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add the onions and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the 2 tablespoons of garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beef stock and bring the liquid up to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until pork is very tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from pan, reserving the liquid separately, and cool. Once the meat has cooled enough to handle, shred the pork meat. Place the cooking liquid back on the stove and cook over medium heat until almost all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and add the shredded meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salsa, put the tomatillos, garlic, and peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables in the oven until browned and softened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place the tomatillos in a food processor. Squeeze out the garlic cloves into the food processor. Peel, seed and dice the peppers. Place the peppers in the food processor. Add the onions, jalapenos, juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 a lime to the vegetables. Pulse until the mixture is fully incorporated but not pureed. Season the salsa with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocados, remaining lemon juice, remaining lime juice, remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic, red onions and cilantro. Season the guacamole with salt and pepper.
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of the filling evenly in the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla tightly and lay a couple of tortillas at a time in the hot oil. Fry the taquitos until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the taquitos from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the taquitos with salt and pepper. Continue frying until all the taquitos are fried.
- To assemble, spoon the queso onto the bottom of a large platter. Arrange the taquitos over the sauce. Spoon the salsa over the taquitos. Garnish with the guacamole.