- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 pounds Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.Place medium-sized roasting pan on burner over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place cabbage in a roasting pan with rendered bacon fat, stir in the vinegar, honey and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and roast in the oven until wilted, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir in the mint. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the cooked bacon.