- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped white chocolate, about 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cream and milk in a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium heat. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the egg yolks and whisk until well blended and pale yellow in color.
- Once the cream and milk come to a simmer, remove from the heat and pour about 1/2 cup of the cream and milk mixture over the eggs and whisk to blend. Return the saucepan to the stove, and pour the egg mixture into it. Use a wooden spoon to stir the anglaise in the saucepan, being sure to reach into the corners of the pan. Continue to stir the anglaise until it begins to thicken and clings to the bowl of the spoon, about 5 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and strain into a clean bowl using a fine mesh sieve. Add the white chocolate to the strained custard, and use a whisk to stir the chocolate until it completely melts into the anglaise. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Serve warm with the Bread Pudding with Strawberry-Raspberry Preserves.
- Garnish with raspberries.