- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, picked through for shells and cartilage
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and white pepper
- 4 (5 to 6 ounce) sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onion, celery, and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine cooled vegetables, crabmeat, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Season crab mixture with salt and white pepper, to taste.
- Season sole fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Spoon crabmeat mixture down the center of the fillets and roll lengthwise into bundles. Using toothpicks, secure the ends so that the fillets won't unwrap during baking. Place sole fillet bundles, seam-side down, in a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and Worcestershire. Cook for 2 minutes until slightly reduced. Add the cream and cook, whisking, for 15 seconds. Season with salt and cayenne. Turn heat down to low and whisk in the remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding each piece before the previous one has been completely incorporated. Continue until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Immediately remove the pan from the heat to prevent the sauce from getting too hot and breaking.
- Pour warm meuniere sauce over crabmeat stuffed sole and serve immediately.