- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 1/2 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, or
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock 
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until opaque and nutty in aroma, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and salt, stir well, and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Bake until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven and let stand, undisturbed, for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the green onions, if desired. Serve hot.