- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened, plus 3 tablespoons, melted
- 2 cups Chicken Stock, or 
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 12 to 14 cups 1/2-inch cubes day-old French bread
- 1/2 pound bacon (about 8 slices), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Poultry Rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Combine the Chicken Stock, eggs, parsley, green onions, heavy cream, and sage in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the bread and stir to combine; reserve.
- Heat a large skillet or medium pot over high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, celery, Poultry Rub, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add to the bread mixture. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter over the top of the bread mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool if using as stuffing or serve warm as a side dish.