- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white popping corn
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large, partially covered saucepan, heat the olive oil and 1 kernel of popcorn until hot enough to make the corn pop. Add the remaining popcorn and cook, partially covered, shaking until all the corn is popped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Garnish each serving of the soup with a handful of the popcorn.