- 1/2 pound blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Cream the butter and cheese with an electric mixer. Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. (Alternatively, cream the butter and cheese with a rubber spatula and stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.) Fold in the nuts with the wooden spoon. Drop the batter by heaping teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. (Store the baked cheese coins in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)