- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 ounces (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons marshmallow cream
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, and evaporated milk in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 242.5 degrees F on a candy thermometer, between the soft- and hard-ball stages.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Beat the mixture with a large wooden spoon until it gets very stiff. Pour into the prepared pan and let harden.
- To serve, cut into pieces about 1 1/2 inches square.