- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 pound black forest ham, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Sliced cornichons, for garnish
- Fresh chervil, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and cayenne and process until smooth.
- Add the ham and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the green onions and thyme and process until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer the mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and refrigerate until ready to pipe into the gougeres. (Will keep refrigerated for 24 hours.)