- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence, or Baby Bam
- 8 ounces (1/2 16-ounce box) katafi (shredded phyllo pastry), defrosted
- Olive oil cooking spray, or olive oil in pump spray bottle
- Apricot Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Raspberry Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet and lightly grease or spray with olive oil. Set aside.
- Lightly season the chicken strips with Essence. Set aside.
- Gently unroll the katafi a small amount at a time, making sure that you cover it with a damp towel to keep from drying out.
- Cut the katafi into strips the same length as the chicken, about 4-inches. Spread the cut katafi on a work surface. One at a time, lay the chicken strips on the cut katafi and roll to completely cover the chicken.
- Place the wrapped chicken on the prepared wire rack and lightly spray the tops with olive oil. Bake until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauces.