- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Hawaiian vintage chocolate semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, almond extract, and vanilla and mix well.
- Onto a sheet of waxed paper or into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well. Fold in the chocolate and nuts.
- With a 1/4-cup scoop, portion out the dough onto the baking sheet, leaving 2-inches between each piece. Bake until the edges are golden brown but the centers are still slightly soft, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. With a spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool before assembling the ice cream sandwiches.
- *NOTE: If the nuts are salted, rinse under cold running water and pat dry before using