- 8 slices bacon
- 10 cups fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed, and patted dry
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed, and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375ÂºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon strips on it. Bake until brown and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the bacon from the oven and let cool, about 15 minutes. Crumble into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the spinach, bacon, mushrooms, and onion in a large mixing bowl and toss.
- Divide the spinach mixture among 4 large plates or 8 small plates (either 2-cup or 1-cup portions).
- Garnish with tomato wedges and/ or sliced hard-boiled eggs if desired. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- DRESSING: Combine the honey and mustard in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking until blended and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, white pepper, and salt and whisk to blend.
- YIELD: 1 cup