- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 quarts (16 cups) plain, unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2 cups M&M candies
- 1 cup lightly salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pound marshmallows (mini or regular)
- Grease a large tube or Bundt cake pan with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the popped corn with the M&Ms and the peanuts and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, the remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and the marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When melted, use oven mitts or pot holders to remove saucepan from heat and pour marshmallows over the popcorn mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cake pan. Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press firmly so that the mixture is compacted.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep moist. Let sit for about 3 to 4 hours, or until firm and set.
- To serve, invert the cake pan onto a large plate or platter. Shake gently to release the cake. Serve at room temperature.