- 1/4 pound bacon, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 pound baby artichokes, halved and cleaned
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dandelion greens, cleaned
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is brown and crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan.
- To the remaining bacon fat, add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Deglaze with the white wine vinegar and reduce by 1/4. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard. Add the artichokes, toss well, and return to the heat and cook until the artichokes are heated and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the dandelion greens on a large platter. Pour the artichoke mixture over the greens. Garnish with the reserved bacon and the eggs.