- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or lard
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh huckleberries, or raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 recipe Sweet Biscuit Mix 
- 3/4 cup water
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Sweetened Cream, for accompaniment
- Preheat the grill to medium high, or an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the butter or lard in a small, round cast iron Dutch or camp oven (5 to 6 quarts), or large cast iron skillet and place over the grill or in the oven to melt. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, toss the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and zest, and whiskey. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the Biscuit Mix with the water and mix until just combined. Pat out the dough into a large round and place in the bottom and up the sides of the pot or skillet. Spoon the fruit mixture over the dough and cover with any juices. Place on the grill, or in the oven and bake until the dough is golden brown and risen, and the fruit is bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with sweetened cream, if desired.