- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 black tea bags (recommended: Lipton)
- 4 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice, strained if a clearer tea is desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Thin lemon or orange wedges, garnish
- Sprigs fresh mint, garnish
- In a medium pot, pour the boiling water over the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the tea bags and steep for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags with a slotted spoon. Add the cold water, orange juice, and lemon juice, and stir. Let cool.
- Pour into a glass pitcher and refrigerate until well chilled. Pour into glasses filled with ice, garnish with lemon or orange wedges and mint, and serve.