- 1 3/4 cups finely ground chocolate wafers, or other plain chocolate cookies
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl and blend with a mixer or by hand. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and press into the bottom and up the sides with your fingers. Place another 9-inch pie pan on top of the crust and press firmly to smooth and pack the crust. (Some of the crust may spill over the edges of the pan.) Brush the crust with the egg white. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for 1 hour before using.