- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups corn or vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Emeril's Original Essence, to taste 
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 360 degrees F.
- Quickly dip the tortilla in the oil to make it pliable. Remove from the oil and carefully julienne the tortillas. Spread some of the julienne tortillas in a 1-cup ladle. Place a smaller ladle on top of the tortillas and immerse in the oil. Fry until crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with salt and Essence. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm with the Sweet 'n Sour Ceviche.