- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound whole shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/2 pound whole cremini mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh herbs
- Creamy Polenta, as accompaniment
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat. When the olive oil is hot, add the mushrooms and saute until they begin to release their liquid, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve over creamy polenta.