- *1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- Combine the egg, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, and onions in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process on high speed until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a steady steam, and continue to process until an emulsion has formed. Add the pepper sauce, salt, and cayenne and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a decorative bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell…"