- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated cotija, queso fresco, or Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, pine nuts, and garlic, and puree on high speed. Add the cheese, pepper and salt, and process to combine. Scrape the sides of the processor, and with the machine running, add the olive oil. Blend until well combined.