- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 8 cups watermelon chunks, seeds removed (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup vodka, plus more for drizzling, if desired
- Combine sugar, water, and lime zest in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely. Strain syrup through a wire-mesh strainer, discarding the zest.
- In a blender of food processor, combine diced watermelon and simple syrup and blend until mixture is pureed. Add vodka, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. When sorbet is frozen, remove from ice cream freezer and place into individual paper cups and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Drizzle additional vodka over sorbet just before serving, if desired.