- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 1 cup packed grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, cayenne, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and cheese. Add the dry ingredients and mix together. Fold in the pecans and sesame seeds. Drop onto the baking sheet 1 teaspoon at a time, spreading gently to flatten into rounds. Bake until golden and crisp around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving, or serve at room temperature.