- 1 pound Alaskan halibut fillets, poached and flaked (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup unseasoned fine bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Essence 
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1/4 cup Homemade Mayonnaise, or store-bought mayonnaise 
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Watercress or other greens, garnish
- Chopped parsley, garnish
- Essence, garnish 
- Homemade Tartar Sauce 
- In a large bowl, combine the halibut, bread crumbs, Essence, salt, cayenne, green onions, parsley, dill, mayonnaise, and egg. Fold with a rubber spatula, gently mixing in the halibut and bread crumbs. Shape the mixture into 4 (3/4-inch) thick patties and place on a plate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the cakes and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat. Garnish 4 salad plates with watercress.
- Place 2 cakes on each plate and top with a dollop of tartar sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and Essence, and serve.