- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 (8-ounce) russet potato, peeled
- Assorted soft fresh herbs, such as tarragon, parsley, chervil, dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Herbed Goat Cheese 
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with clarified butter. Using a mandoline or other mechanical slicer, slice the potato as thinly as possible to make potato chips. Working quickly to prevent discoloration, lay half on the prepared baking sheet. Top each with an herb leaf or small cluster of herbs. Lay another chip of the same size directly on top to seal the herb. Brush with clarified butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top with a second sheet of parchment paper and fit a second baking sheet of the same size on top to press. Bake until the chips are crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and peel away the parchment paper. Remove with a thin spatula and place on a plate. Pipe a small amount of the herbed goat cheese next to the chips and garnish it with sprigs of fresh herbs.