- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups diced day-old French bread (crusts removed), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the bread cubes and salt and toss to combine. Transfer to the oven and bake, stirring occasionally, until the croutons are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the Cheese and Beer Soup.