- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, stems removed, well rinsed and water clinging to the leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant and starting to color, about 45 seconds. Add the spinach and any water clinging to the leaves and cook, stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes, adding more water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to keep wet and make wilt. Once wilted, cook until any water is gone. Add the salt and pepper and stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Adjust seasoning, to taste, and serve hot or warm.