- 1 double recipe Savory Pie Crust 
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence 
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cayenne
- 1 quart oysters, cut in half or quarters if large, well drained and 3/4 cup liqueur reserved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide the pie crust dough in half. Roll out 1/2 on a lightly floured surface to measure 11-inches in diameter. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and fit into the bottom. Roll out the second crust to the same size and set aside until ready to assemble the pie.
- In a large saute pan or cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium high heat until browned and almost crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving 1/4 cup of grease in the pan (add vegetable oil to equal 1/4 cup if more fat is needed). Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green onions,garlic, Essence, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the flour and cook, stirring, to make a light roux, about 3 minutes. Gradually add the oyster liqueur, cream, and lemon juice, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the oysters and cook, stirring, just until they start to curl, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in the cooked bacon and parsley. Let cool slightly. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Pour into the prepared pie crust and top with the remaining crust, crimping around the edges to seal. Cut several decorative slits across the top for venting. Bake until golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.