- 4 ounces blue cheese, softened (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
- In a bowl, cream together all the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a fat cylinder and roll up in the plastic wrap, pushing and tucking in as you go to form a tight log. Refrigerate or freeze until needed.