- 1 large artichoke, boiled
- 2 large tomatoes (about 3/4 pound) cut into thick pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces sheep's milk feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- Crusty whole wheat bread, accompaniment
Decoratively line the outer rim of a large bowl with the artichoke leaves. Remove and discard the hairy choke in the center. Thinly slice the heart.
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke heart, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, and toss to combine. Crumble the cheese over the vegetables and add the olives. Sprinkle with the oregano, parsley, and lemon juice, and drizzle with the oil, to taste. Serve immediately with bread for dipping.