- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 medium to small oysters, shucked and drained
- 12 scallops, side muscle removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat the broiler. In a shallow bowl, combine the wine, garlic, and pepper sauce. Add the oysters and scallops and toss to coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes. Place the bacon flat on a work surface and scrape with the back of a knife to prevent from shrinking while cooking. Place 1 oyster or scallop on each piece of bacon and roll up to enclose. Secure with a toothpick and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place on the top rack of the oven and broil, until the bacon is crisp and the edges of the oysters have curled, turning once to cook both sides evenly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.