- 4 flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, green tops only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 2-inch long matchstick strips
- 1/2 large red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- Steamed rice, accompaniment
- Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms 
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 4 large squares of heavy aluminum foil large enough to hold 1 flounder fillet and one-quarter of the vegetables. Lightly butter 1 side of each and set on a work surface.
- Lay the fish flat in a baking dish. In a bowl, whisk together the sake, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and sesame seeds. Pour over the fish and let marinate for up to 30 minutes. Arrange 1 fish fillet on each sheet of aluminum foil and top with one-quarter of the mushrooms, onions, carrots, peppers, and marinade. Wrap tightly and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and unwrap each package. Transfer the fish and vegetables to 4 large plates and top with the cooking juices. Serve with Sauteed Shiitakes and hot steamed rice.