- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the butter in a medium bowl and cream with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Place on a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a cylinder, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll up in the plastic wrap, pushing in as you go, to form a tight log. Refrigerate or freeze until needed.