- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Essence 
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ounce bean thread cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh mangoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus 8 sprigs fresh cilantro, garnish
- 1 large head bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced, peeled, seeded, drained cucumbers
- 8 chives
- Preheat a fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, season the shrimp with the Essence. In a small skillet, stirring, dry cook the sesame seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat. Add the cellophane noodles to the fryer and fry quickly until puffed and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season lightly with salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil over high heat. Add the shrimp, ginger, and garlic, and quickly cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just pink and firm, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. Add the sherry and vinegar, and stir to deglaze the pan over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Cook until the mixture is reduced by half. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, mangoes, green onions, and pepper flakes, and stir to warm through and wilt. Remove from the heat and add the shrimp and ginger mixture, and cilantro. Stir to warm through and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Divide the lettuces among 4 plates and top with the shrimp mixture. Arrange cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Garnish with fried noodles, cilantro sprigs, and chives, and serve immediately.