- Sourdough Cornbread 
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- reheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the cornbread is completely cooled, cut in half horizontally and then into 3/4-inch cubes. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn with a spatula and bake until firm and lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let cool and harden.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, corn, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until very soft, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno, stir to mix, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cheese and cream and cook gently over low heat, stirring, until the cheese melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a decorative bowl, surrounded by the cornbread cubes. Serve immediately.