- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon Essence 
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound chorizo, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-moon disks
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the diced shrimp with the Essence to coat, and set aside.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until the fat is rendered. Drain excess fat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and oregano, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is wilted and about 1/2 of the liquid has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and most of the zucchini liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Break the eggs into the cooled zucchini mixture and stir well to combine. Add the fontina and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, and stir well. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs with the 4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top of the torte with the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan.
- Bake until set and the top is lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.