- FOR THE GARLIC MOJITO SORBET:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup soda water
- FOR THE SPICY HONEY GARLIC BRITTLE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup spicy chile honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Reserved sweet garlic puree, from Mojito Sorbet
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- For the Garlic Mojito Sorbet: In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved, but not at all colored. Remove from the heat, strain, reserving garlic, and cool completely. Mash the reserved garlic in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the cooled sugar water, lime, mint, and rum. Blend until well combined. Add the soda water and place in an ice cream machine. Process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- For the Brittle: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Combine the water and sugar in a large nonstick heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the corn syrup, honey, and salt, and stir constantly and slowly with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes to a gentle boil, about 2 minutes. Continue stirring until the mixture reaches 290 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter, reserved garlic puree, and baking soda and stir until the butter is completely melted, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheets, being careful as it is very hot, and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely.
- Break the brittle into shards. Scoop the sorbet into decorative glasses. Place a shard of brittle in the sorbet and garnish with mint sprigs and/or lime.