- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Roasted Garlic 
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Pita chips 
- For the peppers: Roast the peppers by placing them on an open gas flame, turning them frequently with tongs until all sides are charred black, 7 to 10 minutes. Place in a plastic or paper bag, and cool for about 15 minutes. Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and stems, and discard. Coarsely chop the peppers.
- Transfer the peppers and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth. Add the cheese and process until smooth. With the machine running, add 1/4 cup of the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice in a steady stream through the feed tube. Add the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Transfer to a decorative bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Before serving, drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve cool or at room temperature, with pita chips for dipping.