- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened, plus 8 ounces (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl fitted with an electric mixer, cream the remaining 8 ounces of butter. Add the sugar and beat until light. Add the flour and salt, and mix just until incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pierce the dough all over with the tines of a fork, and press the edges decoratively with the flat side of the tines. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle lightly over the dough. Cut into 12 wedges before baking. Bake until set and pale golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and release the sides of the pan.
- Let cool before serving, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days and serve at room temperature.