- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 3 artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Essence, plus more for dusting 
- 1 1/4 cups Homemade Buttermilk 
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups mixed green and red leaf lettuces, washed and patted dry, torn into pieces
- 1 cup mixed baby yellow and red grape tomatoes, or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Buttermilk Parmesan Green Onion Dressing 
- Spiced Walnuts 
Preheat a grill.
Lightly brush corn, artichoke hearts, and red onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and grill until tender. Remove corn from grill and remove kernels from the cob. Remove artichokes from grill and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Set all aside.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Essence. Add the buttermilk and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate and marinate for 3 hours.
Preheat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet or large saute pan to 350 degrees F.
Combine the flour with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Essence in a paper bag. Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk and add to the bag in batches, tossing to coat with the seasoned flour. Shake to remove any excess breading and place on a plate until ready to fry.
Add to the hot oil in batches and cook, turning, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season lightly with Essence.
Combine the lettuces, tomatoes, arugula, red peppers, corn, and artichokes in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing, or more to taste. Divide between 4 large plates and top with the fried chicken and spiced nuts. Arrange the grilled onion rings over the top, drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve.