- *1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine the egg and dill in the bowl of a food processor and process on high speed for 15 seconds. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin stream and process until it forms an emulsion. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell…"