- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 head celery, ends trimmed and cut into 4-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted chopped walnuts
- In a large, non-stick skillet, add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and celery. Add the chicken broth, Vermouth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer, turning once, until the celery is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the celery to serving plates. Spoon a little cooking liquid over each serving, and sprinkle with the parsley and toasted walnuts. Serve.