- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, salt, and olive oil to a boil. Add the rice, stir well, cover tightly, and reduce the heat to low. Cook, covered without stirring, until almost all the water is absorbed, 17 to 18 minutes. Add the peas without stirring. Cook until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit covered, without stirring, for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, and add the pine nuts and parsley.