- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and patted dry, stems removed
- 2 shallots, cut into rings
- 1 Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 2 pickled beets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 
- 2 pickled eggs, thinly sliced crosswise 
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- To make the dressing, in a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, oil and lemon juice. Add the dill and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach and shallots and toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Alternately arrange the endive spears and apple wedges around the outside edges of the plates. Place the beets and eggs in the center of the greens. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad to lightly coat. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.